The Board of Directors of the National Observatory on Climate Change (NOCC) met on 29th September 2021 for its Eleventh Ordinary Session, in the board room of NOCC’s Head Office in Yaounde, under the auspices of the Board Chairman, Mr. ENOH Peter AYUK.
Prof. AMOUGOU Joseph Armathé, Director General of NOCC, reported on the deliberations, assisted by Mr. FORGHAB Patrick MBOMBA, Deputy Director General.
After examining and deliberating on the different points on the agenda of the meeting, the Board members:
· Adopted the Minutes of the 10th Ordinary Session of the Board of Directors of NOCC held on 30th December 2020 subject to the amendments made by the Administrators;
· Instructed the Director General to urgently draw up a Circumstantial Report on the state of functioning of NOCC; to be addressed to the Prime Minister, Head of Government highlighting the difficulties and the needs of NOCC;
· Adopted the administrative and management accounts closed on the 31st December 2020;
· Took note of the mid-term Performance Report presented by the Director General;
· Authorized the Director General to knot and sign partnerships/collaborations with administrations and other institutions;
· Appointed personnel to certain posts of responsibility at NOCC.
Finally, the Board congratulated the Director General and his team for the quality and the relevance of the documents presented as well as the results already achieved in 2021 and encouraged him to stay on the same track.